The trade media house, Forbes Asia, on Tuesday debuted the list of the 100 most influential digital stars on social media, exposing 100 singers, bands, film and TV stars from across the Asia-Pacific region who took the digital world by storm.
From Bollywood, Forbes Asia has highlighted a total of 13 celebrities who according to them are the biggest superstars with the power to influence the country’s largest population. Bollywood actors Ranveer Singh, Anushka Sharma, Shah Rukh Khan, Alia Bhatt, Hrithik Roshan, Akshay Kumar and Amitabh Bachchan are considered thought-leaders who have attracted millions of followers on popular platforms with their popular social media presence.
Let’s take a quick look at the Indian stars who marked their place among the most influential celebrities of Forbes Asia-Pacific:
1. Amitabh Bachchan: – With a strong army of 105 million followers on social media, the 78-year-old actor raised $ 7 million for Covid-19relief in May.
2. Akshay Kumar: – Bollywood’s highest-grossing actor with more than 131 million followers Kumar, Covid-19in India gets $ 4 million relief and fundraising concert for ‘I for India’ on Facebook in May 520 million rupees ($ 7 million) for GetIndia’s Covid-19fund.
3. Alia Bhatt: – Bhatt appeared in 24 films on social media with a family of powerful loyal followers of 74 million and is one of the highest paid actresses in India. The actor supports at least 18 brands including Coca-Cola, Garnier and UberEats, and has launched Coexist, an eco- and animal-focused website.
4. Shah Rukh Khan: – Infamous as ‘King Khan’, the actor has more than 106 million fans on social media. Khan appeared in around 80 films. The World Economic Forum honored her for the rights of women and children in 2018.
5. Ranveer Singh: – With over 62 million social media followers, Singh starred in the 2018 drama Padmavat, the 10th highest-grossing film in Bollywood, the recipient of several Best Actor awards. He has launched his record label last year.
6. Hrithik Roshan: – With a strong fan base of over 33 million Instagram followers, the star appeared in the ‘I for India’ concert in May to raise funds for Covid-19workers; His Instagram post of the event was viewed more than 2 million times. Roshan was also nominated for Best Actor at the 2019 Star Screen Awards in India, the highest-grossing Indian film in the war.
7. Shahid Kapoor: – Kapoor’s film ‘Kabir Singh’ became the second highest grossing film of 2019. That year he earned a nomination for Best Actor and won the Entertainer of the Year at India’s Screen Awards 2020. 67 million social media followers and endorse brands such as Colgate and Fanta.
8. Jacqueline Fernandez: – Fernandez, a former Miss Universe Sri Lanka, is garnering praise all around for her latest role in the Netflix series Mrs Serial Killer. With more than 46 million Instagram followers, Pizza Hut’s meal-in-box collaboration with Pepsi saw more than three million views in July.
9. Katrina Kaif: – The 37-year-old actor has over one million Instagram followers. She supports brands such as Reebok and her posts have more than 15 million likes. Kaif, whose real name is Katrina Turkutte, also launched her cosmetics brand KA Beauty and also starred in the fourth highest-grossing Bollywood film India in 2019.
10. Anushka Sharma: – With more than 84 million social media followers, Sharma recently turned to a filmmaker. Sharma being the brand ambassador of Google Duo and Standard Chartered Bank, he also advocates for women and environmental causes.
11. Madhuri Dixit: – z Tezaab ‘actor, known for her gentle expressions and beauty, hosted an online dance class in April for her fans during lockdown, and is a membership-based dance app called She launched with her husband in 2013, Dixit was nominated for Best Supporting Actress at India’s 2020 Filmfare Awards for her role in the film Kalank.
12. Neha Kakkar: – The 32-year-old actor received over four million likes from over 49 million Instagram followers as a thank you post for his wedding gown, a gift from the designer. Related posts for the Tissot endorsement were viewed more than 2.5 million times. He won the audience choice song at the Mirchi Music Awards 2020 in India.
13. Shreya Ghoshal: – Awarded as India’s Female Singer of the Year in V 2020 at the Mirchi Music Awards of India, her song, Apna Maati ‘has been viewed over 1.5 million times on YouTube since its August release. To support the Indian musicians facing the epidemic, Ghoshal attended a virtual concert in September that received 95,000 likes.
Forbes Asia highlights that this unlisted list came at an extraordinary time to pay special attention to celebrities who, despite canceled physical events and activities, interact with their fans, raise awareness and optimism Remained active and relevant on social media to inspire. Many used their influence to help with worthy causes, notably the Kovid-19’s focus.