SBI has warned its customers that if they fail to link PAN with their Aadhaar card number, they may face difficulties in banking services. However, information about which service will not be made available or which service will be delayed for users who do not do so has not been received. It is clear that SBI wants its account holders to act on it expeditiously.
read this also-Tecno Spark 8 with 5000mAh battery comes to the budget segment, the price is less than Rs 8000
SBI took to Twitter to post this message. “We recommend our customers to link their PAN with Aadhaar to avoid any inconvenience and enjoy a seamless banking service,” the company tweeted. It has also been said that PAN-Aadhaar linking is mandatory. However, for those who do not link their PAN and Aadhaar card, their Aadhaar card has been deactivated. This simply means that SBI account holders will not be able to do many financial transactions.
The PAN-Aadhaar card linking is a government requirement and SBI has been roped in to ensure that people have done it. This message is being sent to more and more people through SBI. SBI is the largest bank in India. It has lakhs of account holders and wants to send messages to all concerned.
read this also-two birds with one stone! Calling and WiFi support in these 5 cheap tablets, starting from Rs 5499
If you also have an SBI account and want to enjoy all its benefits, then it is better that you heed SBI’s warning soon. However, an income tax payer would not want to deactivate his/her PAN card.
The basic idea behind linking both PAN and Aadhaar card is that it will help the Income Tax Administration better track all financial transactions and ensure that all concerned pay taxes.
read this also-Be careful too! One mistake of Vi and thugs blew lakhs of rupees from customer’s account, see what is the whole matter
How to link PAN Card-Aadhaar Card:
- First of all go to the website of Income-tax Department. This is https://incometaxindia.gov.in/Pages/default.aspx.
- Apart from this you can visit onlinesbi.com. From here you can click on ‘Linking of PAN with Aadhaar’ tab. This will directly take you to the PAN-Aadhaar Card Online Form.
- Then click on the link for PAN-Aadhaar Linkage. After this a separate page will open through a pop-up window. This new page will be https://eportal.incometax.gov.in/iec/foservices/#/pre-login/bl-link-aadhaar
- After that enter your name, PAN number and Aadhaar number. Make sure that the Aadhar number and name are exactly the same as that printed on your Aadhar card. Also, note that the name, date of birth and gender should match your Aadhaar as per PAN.
- Then you have to click on Link Aadhaar. After that the process will be completed.