Not only shopping websites but track challans have also gone online. Like other services due to the spread of coronavirus, traffic challan has also been made online. In such a situation, if you have been caught on camera or by a police officer in violation of traffic rules, you are very likely to be issued an e-challan. You may have to fill the e-challan by not giving physical invoice.
As we all know nowadays the system has become tighter. The number of cameras on the road and highway has increased considerably. A slight lapse on your part and your challan gets deducted. Talking about e-challan, you often do not know how many of your e-challans have been cut. In such a situation, you will have to keep checking this in between.
Even if you feel that you have not broken the traffic rules, you will still have to check the states on the website continuously. If you have been e-challaned, you will have to pay them online. So let’s know how you can make e-challan online payment. For this you must have some documents.
These documents are required while filling in the e-challan: It is very important to have these documents while filling the e-challan. These include vehicle number, driving license, challan number, engine number, banking details.
Here’s how to make an e-challan payment:
- First of all, you have to go to https://echallan.parivahan.gov.in/. You can login it from your smartphone or desktop.
- After this you have to click on Check Challan Status option.
- Then search your challan through license number, vehicle number or challan number.
- If you are looking for your challan through vehicle number, then you will also have to enter the last five digits of the engine number or chassis number.
- Fill the details according to you and tap on Get Details.
- After this, you will see the details of the challan on your car. From this, tap on the Pay Now written next to the invoice you have to pay.
- If there is no invoice in your name, then you will get a message of no challan found. But if your challan is cut off then do not delay in paying the e-challan at all.
- Then the payment page will open in front of you. You will be able to pay with any mode.
- You can pay by debit card, credit card or net banking. After completion of e-challan payment, you will get the transaction ID on your registered mobile.
- Store it for future reference.