Stuart Broad, after scoring 62 runs off 45 balls, also showed amazing with the ball and took 2 wickets of the Windies team till the second day.
Language | Updated: 25 Jul 2020, 11:50:00 PM IST
- England scored 369 runs in the first innings, 6 wickets fell for the second day only
- West Indies still 232 runs behind England's first innings score, threat of follow on
- Stuart Broad took 2 wickets for the Windies team for the second day after scoring 62 off 45 balls.
- Pacer Kemar Roach of the Windies team completed 200 wickets of his Test career
England, on the second day of the third and final Test, pushed West Indies on the path of follow-on with the help of the all-round performance of Stuart Broad. After scoring 369 runs in the first innings, England removed West Indies 6 wickets for 137 on the second day. The second day's play had to end early due to poor lighting. However, despite the weather department's forecast, it did not rain.
The West Indies are currently 232 runs behind England's first innings score and are facing a follow-on threat. At the end of the second day's play, captain Jason Holder was on 24 and Shane Dowrich was on 10.
Read, what happened on the second day in Manchester Test
Broad, who scored 62 off 45 balls by showing Jauhar with the first bat, took two wickets for 17 runs in ten overs. Unhappy with being excluded from the first Test, Broad had taken three wickets in both innings, showing the bowling feat in the second Test. Broad took the wicket of Craig Brathwaite in the very first over. After that Joffra Archer dismissed opener John Campbell (32). Shai Hope (17) was sent to the pavilion by James Anderson.
Three wickets fell in the last session, out of which Broad was trapped leg before by Roston Chase. Earlier, playing by 258 runs for four wickets, England lost 1-1 wickets in four consecutive overs and at one time the score was 280 runs for eight wickets. Oli Pope could not add to his score of 91 on the first day and missed out on a century. He got a life in the slip off Shannon Gabriel but he was dismissed by the same bowler in the next over.
Manchester Test: Windies on backfoot on second day
Chris Woakes (1) flicked the ball out and fast bowler Kemar Roach got his 200th Test wicket. Jos Buttler scored 67 runs and caught Holder off the second slip off Gabriel. Holder also caught Joffra Archer (3) off Roach. Roach took four wickets for 72 runs.
Broad held one end for England. He scored a fast-paced half-century off 33 balls. He came in joint third place in the list of batsmen who scored the fastest Test half-century for England. Broad's 62-ball innings ended with a sweep shot in deep. He added a useful 76 runs in his innings with Dom Bess hitting 9 fours and a six.
Bess was unbeaten on 18, while Anderson was the last man out to score 11 runs. England added 111 runs in the first season.
Stuart Broad celebrating after taking wickets
- Ghaziabad: Corona most threatened, corona of elderly people ..
- 3 convicted, including Jaya Jaitley for corruption in defense deal ..
- Sweets on 2 August on the eve of Rakshabandhan in Punjab ..
- Chinese soldiers retreating from points 14, 15 and 17A, now Pangong So ..
- Bahrupia, who claims to be a Major of the Indian Army, was arrested
- Status of Delhi in terms of number of patients under treatment.
- Police SI in Meerut, 33 businessmen of Covid-19including businessman ..
- Azam said – Devotee of Lord Rama, invitation was not received in Bhoomi Poojan ..
- Recite Hanuman Chalisa for 7 days for 10 days, become corona ..
- Neha Kakkar doing something fun! Find out how #MonsterSh ..
- Maruti's new SUV to compete with Kia Celtos and Creta
- JEE Main 2020: Important notice issued, NTA gives one more chance
- Corn Benefits: definitely eat corn during monsoon, health ..
- Can ejaculate in masterbation, but have sex with wife ..