new Delhi: Popularized by his stage name, Rajinikanth was born as Shivaji Rao Gaikwad in the year 1950 in a Marathi family in Bangalore. Superstar K. She made her debut in Balachander’s 1975 Tamil drama Apoorva Ragangal. Since then, there has been no restriction for the actor as he went on to act in several films, which made his mark in the film industry. Rajinikanth has won many awards including ‘Padma Bhushan’ and ‘Padma Vibhushan’. He has also won several international awards for his contribution in the field of cinema.
‘Durgamati’ review: Disappointed as Bhumi Pednekar protests, Makers’ failure to ‘think big’
Referred to by his fans as ‘Thalaivaa’, Rajinikanth celebrated his 70sTh Today is birthday. On the occasion of his birthday, we have brought for you some unknown facts about the superstar.
- Before venturing into the world of cinema, Rajinikanth worked as a porter, bus conductor and others. While he was working as a bus conductor, his salary was around Rs 750.
- His mother died when she was just 5 years old.
- The 1983 Bollywood film 1983 Andha Kanoon starring Amitabh Bachchan and Hema Malini was Rajinikanth’s first Hindi film.
- Apart from acting in Tamil, Hindi, Malayalam, Kannada and Telugu films, Rajinikanth also starred in a Bengali film called ‘Bhagya Devta’, starring Mithun Chakraborty, Soumitra Chatterjee and others.
- So far, Rajinikanth has acted in more than 160 films.
- Rajinikanth has also worked as a screenwriter and producer.
- Apart from being an actor, he is also a philanthropist, spiritualist and plans to start his own independent political party in South India soon.
- He got the tag of ‘Superstar’ and ‘Superstar’, a Tamil remake of Amitabh Bachchan’s hit film ‘Don’, with his 1980 film ‘Billa’.
- He appeared in the 1988 Hollywood film Bloodstone, starring Dwight Little, where he portrayed the character of an English-speaking Indian taxi driver.
We wish the superstar a very happy birthday!