Zerodha is a Bangalore based discount stockbroker. Zerodha offers online stock and commodity trading to retail customers. Due to its inception in August 2010, Zerodha has grown significantly. In Jan 2019, Zerodha has over 8.48 lakh clients and over 10% of daily trading volume at BSE and NSE.
Facts about Zerodha (as of Sep 2020)
- Zerodha was started on 15 Aug 2010
- Zerodha has over 2,474,663 customers right now.
- Zerodha has about 1000 employees.
The reasons why you should open an account with Zerodha.
- To trade (in stock, commodity, or currency) or to invest (in stocks, mutual funds) with Zerodha, a customer has to open a trading account and a Demat account. The Demat account isn’t mandatory for clients planning to trade only in derivatives.
- Zerodha also offers a 2-in-1 account that offers smooth automatic transactions between these two accounts.
- One client account has access to all the segments but every segment has to allow separately at the time of account opening or at later after some of the time.
Zerodha offers 3 types of accounts:
- Trading account for equity and currency derivatives.
- Demat account to take delivery of stocks.
- Commodity account to trade commodity futures on MCX.
How to open an account with Zerodha?
- To open an account with Zerodha, simply leave your contact information here. Zerodha representative will contact you in the next few hours to takes you through the steps to open an account.
- Zerodha offers an online account opening process where you can fill the information online, print it, and courier it to them. Zerodha IDFC FIRST Bank 3-in-1 Account.
- Zerodha has recently started offering the Zerodha IDFC FIRST Bank 3-in-1 Account wherein trading, Demat, and bank account are linked to each other. This facilitates fast transactions and a seamless trading experience.
- The 3-in-1 account is only available to new customers holding an account with IDFC FIRST Bank. You need to open a bank account with IDFC FIRST Bank. Once your IDFC Bank account is open, you can open a 3-in-1 account with Zerodha.
- The Zerodha 3-in-1 account can only be opened online. At the time of opening of a 3-in-1 account, call Zerodha’s customer helpline and they will help you with the account opening process.
- Zerodha takes 2 working days to open the account after they receive the signed account opening forms. The customer receives an email confirmation after the account is opened. So, please wait for 2 days.
- If you do not receive a welcome email after 2 days, please give a call to the Zerodha customer care team and they can tell you the status of the account opening.
- Zerodha Account Opening Form PDF is available for download on its website. Here are the steps to download Zerodha Account Opening Form PDF-
- Visit Zerodha’s website at Zerodha.com
- Click on ‘Download & Resources’ in the footer (bottom of the website)
- The availability of resources, you have separate forms i.e. one for trading in equity, futures, and options on NSE, BSE, and the other for Commodity trading.
- Download the specific form as per your trading preference
You could also fill the online account opening application, print it, sign it, and the courier to Zerodha’s Bangalore office.