Do Not Twist My Word says Ben Stokes to Sikander Bakht: Ben Stokes has responded to Pakistani cricketer Sikander Bakht's statement in which he accused India of deliberately losing to England.
Edited By Nityanand Pathak | | Updated: 29 May 2020, 12:38:00 PM IST
- England's Ben Stokes has given a befitting reply to Pakistani cricketer Sikander Bakht
- Bakht accused the Indian team of deliberately defeating Pakistan to pull them out of the World Cup.
- Alexander was quoted as saying by Stokes and shared an old video of his prediction.
- To which Ben Stokes said – I never said, don't play with words
The controversy started over the statement made by India about the defeat of Ben Stokes, who made England the world champions in ODIs for the first time. Now former Pakistani cricketer Sikandar Bakht has also jumped into this matter. While sharing the old video, he accused India of deliberately losing. When Ben Stokes saw this political statement, he could not resist.
Alexander wrote in the tweet – Ben Stokes has written in his book that the Indian team was intentionally defeated from England so that Pakistan can be eliminated from the ODI World Cup. We had already predicted this on the basis of India-Pakistan relationship. On this, Ben Stokes retweeted, “You won't be able to find it, because I never said that.” This is called playing with words or click bet.
Dispute over which statement
On India's defeat against England in the ODI World Cup-2019, Stokes said that he found Rohit Sharma and Virat Kohli's partnership 'mysterious' while Mahendra Singh Dhoni did not show passion. Ben Stokes in his new book 'On Fire' has mentioned this match of the World Cup. He said, “When Dhoni came to bat, the Indian team needed 112 runs in 11 overs and he batted strangely. He was eager to take a run more than sending the ball across the boundary. The Indian team could also win in the last 12 balls. '
Stokes said, “In the partnership between Dhoni and Kedar Jadhav, there was little or no desire for victory. I think he could have scored if he had been batting. ”He said that England's dressing room felt that Dhoni wanted to take the match to the last over. He remained unbeaten in this match scoring 42 off 31 balls but most of the runs came in the last over when the match was almost out of India's hands.
Read: Ben Stokes questions on India's defeat in World Cup match
Said this on dhoni
Stokes said, “There was a discussion in our dressing room that this is the way Dhoni played. Even if the Indian team does not win the match, their net run rate remains. Removed.
Captains of both teams were in terrible form
- Noida: Heavy jam on DND border, standing in queue for hours ..
- Listen to hit songs in Hindi, Punjabi, Remix, Free
- Trump again praised Modi, said- PM Sajjan Vyak of India ..
- Find out the truth with Inspector Hathi Ram
- 'Nagin 4' will be over after 4 episodes, Ekta Kapoor did ..
- Gopalganj Triple Murder Case: Rabri Devi Bolin- What Nitish Sark ..
- Maharashtra: Corona's havoc on policemen, did not stop ..
- Full time line of high profile drama outside Rabri Awas ..
- The youth who had gone to meet the girlfriend was caught and beaten by the youths, the head ..
- Admitted to the top astrologer hospital in Ahmedabad: AMC said
- BS6 Suzuki Gixxer 250 and Gixxer SF 250 bikes launched, learn ..
- When Rakul Preet Singh had to listen to one of his dresses
- DU admission 2020: when will registration be done, how will admissions be ..
- Everything you need to know about the problem of PCOD
- When Parineeti Chopra wore a tight dress without a bra, everywhere ..