The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has released the players list for the auction of the 2021 season of the Indian Premier League (IPL). A total of 292 players will come under the Hammer, while 8 teams need a total of 61 players. The players auction will be held on February 18 in Chennai. Eight teams of IPL have retained 139 players this time while 57 players have been released from their team. A total of 196.6 crores will be at stake.
Bet on maximum 61 players
All franchisees have to choose their maximum quota and for this a total of 61 players will be required. If each franchise has a maximum of 25 players in their squad, 61 players will be auctioned (up to 22 of them can be foreign players).
The categories of registered players are as follows…
- Capped Indians (21 Players)
- Capped International (186 players)
- Associate (27 Players)
- Uncapped Indian players who have played at least 1 IPL match- (50 players)
- Foreign uncapped players who have played at least 1 IPL match- (2 players)
- Uncapped Indians (743 players)
- Uncapped International (68 players)