A post on Aarogya Setu’s Twitter handle said, “You can now make corrections in your name, date of birth and gender in your Cowin Vaccination Certificates if inadvertent errors have occurred. For this visit http://cowin.gov.in.” Go in and raise the issue.”
This means that people can now make a request and rectify their vaccination certificates through the Covin website. However, it is important to note that these improvements can only be made once. Also, the request for correction can be made for name, date of birth and gender only. No other request is allowed and will not be considered.
See the complete step-by-step process on how to make a request here…
1. Go to ‘www.cowin.gov.in’ and click on ‘Register/Sign in yourself’ button on the top right.
2. Enter your registered mobile number and enter the OTP received on the phone number.
3. From the Account Details section, tap on the ‘Raise an Issue’ button.
4. Select the member’s name from the drop-down list. This step is mandatory even if you have only one member registered.
5. Click on ‘Correction’ in the certificate option and then tap on Continue.
In the next steps, it will ask you about the improvements that need to be done.
6. Select the field for which you want to make corrections, enter the correct details and tap on the Continue button to submit the request.