Kultejas News

Outbreak of Kovid-19: Possibility of conducting Test in Sydney decreased, preparations start in Melbourne

Due to new cases of Covid-19in Sydney, the possibility of the third Test match between India and Australia at the Sydney Cricket Ground has been reduced and a decision will be taken in the next two days. Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG) Chief Executive Officer Stuart Fox said on Sunday that even though he wants the third Test match to be held in Sydney, the situation has become quite complicated right now.

Fox told ‘Sydney Morning Herald’, “He (Cricket Australia’s interim CEO Nick Hawley) is working closely with the Health Department of New South Wales and I think the situation is very complex right now. According to what he told me, it is really a 50-50 situation. ‘ He said, ‘Cricket Australia should be congratulated for giving Sydney enough time because we all want the match to be held in Sydney. The more time they get, the more chances of organizing the match there will increase.

Fox said that it would be decided in the next two days. He said, ‘I think in the next 48 hours we will know if we are going to host that match. Like I said we want the match to be held in Sydney but we are ready to organize the match if needed.

Uncertainty over the conduct of the third Test in Sydney after the Covid-19 case was found on Sydney’s northern coastline. The third Test match will be played from January 7.

Source link

Related posts

Leave a Comment

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More