If you feel that it is necessary to install a SIM card to use a number in the phone, then you are wrong. Many companies across the world are offering eSIM service to their users. With the help of this service, the number can be used in the phone without installing a physical SIM card. Vodafone Idea has also brought this service for postpaid users in India. However, Vodafone-Idea number can be used in some devices only with the help of this eSIM.
Apart from announcing eSIM service on behalf of the company, it has been told which devices it will work with. The new service will work on Apple devices iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone SE, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max and iPhone XR. Vodafone Idea said that soon Samsung Galaxy Z Flip and Galaxy Fold devices will also be supported.
Read: Only 5 easy tips, will increase your phone's battery life
Available in some circles
The new eSIM service is not available in all circles and currently, only postpaid users in Mumbai, Delhi and Gujarat can benefit from it. Actually, in high-end devices, e-SIM works as an integrated SIM chip. There is no need to install a separate SIM card in the phone for this. In this way, users without any SIM card can be able to access calls, SMS and mobile data from Vodafone-Idea numbers.
Read: Chinese app banned, this is the best Indian app for everything
This is how eSIM service will be available
– To link the email ID to your number, users have to send an SMS to 199 by writing 'eSIM email id'.
– After this, the email ID will be registered and to take eSIM service, you have to write ESIMY and send it on confirmation SMS 199.
After this, after the confirmation SMS arrives, you will have to give a confirmation for eSIM on the call.
– When this happens, a QR code will be sent to the registered emailid.
– Now after going to Mobile data and Add Data plan from the settings of your device, you will get the option to scan the code.
– After scanning the code on the email, you have to follow the instructions on the screen.
– During this time the phone must be connected to Wi-Fi or mobile data and your eSIM will be setup.
Let us know, apart from this, if you want to become a new Vodafone customer, then you can also demand eSIM service for your smartphone by visiting any Vodafone store.